Note: Scorpionfolk do not appear in the official d20 SRD. This is open gaming content published in the Monster Manual II and has been updated to v3.5 rules by d20srd.org site users and administrators.
|Size/Type:||Large Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||12d8+12 (66 hp)|
|Speed:||40 ft. (8 squares)|
|Armor Class:||16 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +6 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 15|
|Attack:||Lance +15 melee (2d6+6/x3) or sting +15 melee (1d8+4) or claw +15 melee (1d6+4)|
|Full Attack:||Lance +15/+10/+5 melee (2d6+6/x3) and sting +15 melee (1d8+2) and 2 claws +15 melee (1d6+2)|
|Space/Reach:||10 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Trample 1d8+6, poison, spell-like abilities|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., resistance to fire 5, spell resistance 18|
|Saves:||Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +10|
|Abilities:||Str 19, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 15|
|Skills:||Diplomacy +4, Intimidate +6, Sense Motive +7, Listen +7, Spot +7|
|Feats:||Alertness, Cleave, Improved Multiattack, Multiattack, Power Attack|
|Environment:||Warm desert, plains and hills|
|Organization:||Solitary, pair, company (3-5), patrol (6-20 plus 2-8 Medium-size monstrous scorpions plus 1 3rd-5th level ranger), or troop (21-40 plus 4-32 Medium-size monstrous scorpions and 1-4 Large monstrous scorpions plus 1 6th-8th level cleric plus 1 6th-8th level ranger)|
|Alignment:||Usually Lawful evil|
|Advancement:||By character class|
From the waist up, a scorpionfolk appears to be a four-armed humanoid covered with black armor. From the waist down, it looks like an enormous scorpion. One pair of arms ends in vicious claws, while the other pair end in humanoid hands. A scorpionfolk has waxy, gray skin, and its eyes are entirely black.
Scorpionfolk speak Common and Terran.
Scorpionfolk use major image to create illusions of small oases or wells, luring travelers into traps. They then charge their opponents, attacking with their lances. Any who survive are trampled and attacked with stingers, claws, and any melee weapons carried by the creatures. In addition to their claws and sting, scorpionfolk may use falchions, lances, spears, scimitars, short bows, or crossbows.
Reflex half DC 20. The save DC is Strength-based.
A scorpionfolk delivers its poison (Fortitude save DC 17) with each successful sting attack. The initial and secondary damage is 1d4 points of Dexterity damage.
Scorpionfolk As Characters
Scorpionfolk characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom. +4 Charisma.
- Large size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
- A scorpionfolk’s base land speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Fire Resistance 5
- Spell Resistance 18
- Racial Hit Dice: A scorpionfolk begins with twelve levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 12d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +12, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +8, and Will +8.
- Racial Skills: A scorpionfolk’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 15 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Diplomacy, Spot, Intimidate, Listen and Sense Motive
- Racial Feats: A scorpion’s monstrous humanoid levels give it five feats.
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Terran. Bonus Languages: any.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level adjustment +4.