|Size/Type:||Medium Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||2d8+2 (11 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Armor Class:||15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14|
|Attack:||Battleaxe +4 melee (1d8+3/×3)|
|Full Attack:||Battleaxe +4 melee (1d8+3/×3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Blindsight 40 ft., immunities, scent|
|Saves:||Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2|
|Abilities:||Str 15, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 6|
|Skills:||Climb +4, Hide +3*, Listen +5, Spot +3|
|Organization:||Gang (2-4), pack (10-20), tribe (10-60 plus 1 leader of 3rd-5th level per 10 adults).|
|Treasure:||Standard coins; standard goods (gems only); standard items|
|Alignment:||Often neutral evil|
|Advancement:||By character class|
Grimlocks are blind, but their exceptional senses of smell and hearing allow them to notice foes nearby. As a result, they usually shun ranged weapons and rush to the attack, brandishing their stone battleaxes.
Grimlocks can sense all foes within 40 feet as a sighted creature would. Beyond that range, they treat all targets as having total concealment.
Grimlocks are susceptible to sound- and scent-based attacks, however, and are affected normally by loud noises and sonic spells (such as ghost sound or silence) and overpowering odors (such as stinking cloud or incense-heavy air). Negating a grimlock’s sense of smell or hearing reduces this ability to normal Blind-Fight (as the feat). If both these senses are negated, a grimlock is effectively blinded.
Grimlocks are immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
*A grimlock’s dull gray skin helps it hide in its native terrain, conferring a +10 racial bonus on Hide checks when in mountains or underground.
Grimlocks As Characters
Grimlock characters possess the following racial traits.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A grimlock’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A grimlock begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A grimlock’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Climb, Hide, Listen, and Spot. Grimlocks gain a +10 racial bonus on Hide checks in mountain or underground settings.
- Racial Feats: A grimlock’s monstrous humanoid levels give it one feat.
- Weapon Proficiency: A grimlock is automatically proficient with the battleaxe.
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- Special Qualities (see above): Blindsight 40 ft., immunities, scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Grimlock. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Terran, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level adjustment +2.